We are committed to finding ways to provide support to your work quickly and effectively. We are also committed to providing you with a platform to engage communities in the great work you do each day.
As part of this, each month we will host a social media giving initiative. Winners of this social media nomination campaign will be awarded a $500 mini grant.
Eight months out of the year, the foundation will support well-known monthly causes. Four months of the year monthly initiatives will provide funding to prior competitive grant recipients. Check out our monthly giving initiatives and reach out on our Facebook platform when the month that fits your cause is here!
JANUARY: Human Trafficking
FEBURARY: Heart Health
MARCH: Previous Grantee or Discretionary Grant
APRIL: Autism Awareness
MAY: Military Appreciation Month
JUNE: Previous Grantee or Discretionary Grant
JULY: Previous Grantee or Discretionary Grant
AUGUST: Previous Grantee or Discretionary Grant
SEPTEMBER: Hunger Action Month
OCTOBER: Breast Cancer Awareness
NOVEMBER: Homelessness Awareness
DECEMBER: Adoption Awareness Day
The montly cause program is open to all 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that are not private foundations and are based in the United States. McCottry Foundation funds projects and does not provide operating support. We consider all funding requests that are directly addressing each monthly cause.
McCottry Foundation is unable to partner with:
- - Organizations requesting operating support
- - Organizations that refuse services to individuals based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status
- - Individuals, including those seeking scholarships or fellowship assistance
- - Political, labor, fraternal organizations, or civic clubs
- - Religious organizations (for example, churches and synagogues). Some secular community service programs such as soup kitchens, shelters for the homeless, and job banks are eligible, even when sponsored by religious groups
- - Individual pre-K-12 schools (public or private)
- - Sports, athletic events, or athletic programs
- - Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- - Groups that have been incorporated with 501(c)(3) status for less than a year
Benefits of Being a Monthly Mini-Grant recipient:
In addition to receiving funding during your selected quarter; the foundation extends the following benefits to our non-profit quarterly grant partners:
- A visit and check presentation by foundation staff to your organization.
- Social media and website coverage following grant receipt.