Thank you for your interest in McCottry Foundation's competitive grants program. Our competitive grants are an opportunity for our foundation to develop a long standing partnership with amazing non-profits throughout the United States. McCottry Foundation awards grants on a quarterly basis under outlined elected social causes. The subject of our focus changes each quarter so that we may extend our assistance, equally, to many organizations in varying fields.
2017 Quarterly Focuses
Q1 STEM education
LOI Open period: Jan. 15 – Feb. 28
Application Period: Feb. 28 – Mar. 15
Funding Notification: April 1
Q2 Animal Rescue, Rehabilitation, Santuary and Shelter
LOI Open period: March 20 – May 14
Application Period: May 15 – June 1
Funding Notification: July 1
Q3 Health and Human Services
LOI Open period: June 20– Aug. 14
Application Period: Aug.15 – Aug. 30
Funding Notification: October 1
Q4 Nutrition; Obesity; and Exercise
LOI Open period: Sept. 20 – Nov.14
Application Period: Nov. 15 – Nov. 30
Funding Notification: December 30
The competitive grant program is open to all 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that are not private foundations and are based in the United States. McCottry Foundation funds projects and does not provide operating support. We consider all funding requests that are directly addressing each quarterly issue.
McCottry Foundation is unable to partner with:
- - Organizations requesting operating support
- - Organizations that refuse services to individuals based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status
- - Individuals, including those seeking scholarships or fellowship assistance
- - Political, labor, fraternal organizations, or civic clubs
- - Religious organizations (for example, churches and synagogues). Some secular community service programs such as soup kitchens, shelters for the homeless, and job banks are eligible, even when sponsored by religious groups
- - Individual pre-K-12 schools (public or private)
- - Sports, athletic events, or athletic programs
- - Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- - Groups that have been incorporated with 501(c)(3) status for less than a year
Benefits of Being a Quarterly Grant Partner:
In addition to receiving funding during your selected quarter; the foundation extends the following benefits to our non-profit quarterly grant partners:
- A visit and check presentation by foundation staff to your organization.
- Social media and website coverage following grant receipt.
- The creation of an organizational feature video.
- Exclusive eligibility to receive addition funds in future "monthly cause" initiatives restricted to previous competitive grant recipients.
Do you meet the eligibility requirements?